-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-The Kallisti News =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
November 21, 2017
- MSDP (Mud Server Data Protocol) is now supported!
You can build custom interfaces with this feature and I'm excited
to see what people come up with!
- Invisibility is not all created equal! There is now an "invisibility
level" that shows up on your DEFENSE command. You need a higher level
of Detect Invisibility than your target's Invisibility in order to see
them (if you're close to the same level then you have a chance). If
you're in the same group, there is no invis level restriction as long
as you have some level of detect invis.
Globally, if you have any level of detect invis then you can see other
players regardless of invis level unless you can PK each other, then you
will follow the Invis vs Detect Invis rules.
- WILD MAGIC rooms are visible to all Mages and Priests
- SLEEP (the spell, LULLABY song, etc.) immediately take a foe out of
RANGED combat upon success
- Spell affects (mostly Shapechange) that give skillbonuses show more
clearly under AFFECTS command
- Fixed an issue where a summoned mount would not award exp to the
rider if the mount got the killing blow after the rider was dismounted
- Fixed an issue with wielding two handed weapons that weren't respecting
size restrictions and erroneously limiting large races from wielding
small two handed weapons
- Fixed a rare issue where you would remain in a fighting state after
- DISARM is much more likely to send weapon to inventory than to ground
- FRACTURE is less likely to affect Ethereal races
- Object condition display simplified when identified
November 17, 2017
- Village of Barovia and Temple of the Winds updated
November 15, 2017
- The GUILD command will show directions to your guild from your
current location (from anywhere in or near Midgaard) rather than
always showing directions from the Temple
- HOLY STEED flag now shows as a flag for your mount on the group
- You will see your mount's affect wear-off messages
- You can cast SANCTUARY on your own mount
- If you enter too many characters on a single input line, the mud
will no longer disconnect you. You'll just get a message saying
that your input was truncated and you'll remain connected.
- SHAPECHANGE and MORTIFY don't cost any mana when you cast it
on a form you cannot change into or just cast it to see the options
- The REROLL command will also reroll your starting HMS
- CURE spell will break curses at a lower level and the messaging
for minimum casting level is clearer
- PRAYING for CURE at the Prayer Room will remove affects like
being on fire, acid, decay, etc.
- Shopkeepers will gradually gain more gold, the longer the uptime
November 9, 2017
- NEW ZONE: Baramon Ingrol (thanks Ansalon!)
Lovel range 30-60, located in Hoan Dor near Midgaard River
- Charisma has been removed. It was barely used, and didn't add
much game value. The few things that used it (charm, haggle,
lure) now just use Intelligence as a check. Mobs aren't more
or less aggressive to you based on Charisma and there are no
grouping limits based on Charisma anymore. CONTROL UNDEAD, CHARM,
and CHARM MONSTER all limit the maximum total number of levels
that you can control based on your skill/spell rank, level,
Wisdom, and Intelligence. Existing characters that meta'd
Charisma will retain any noble points earned from that.
- GROUP command shows NPC followers more cleanly and generally
got a colorized facelift. Also, NPC followers show their
current position (instead of "linkless")
- Zone "Boss" mobs are worth a little more exp now
- All weapon buffs (vorpal, strangler, basher, etc.) show damage numbers
- You can learn SHAPECHANGE at rank 1 even if you haven't learned HAWK EYES
- Archers are slowed down a little
November 1, 2017
- DRAGONSTRIKE will give you some of the mana drained from your
- Thri-Kreen Badlands updated
October 23, 2017
- Ant Hill and Blackrock Hallow updated
October 20, 2017
- Mana cost for DEADCRY reduced for every rank invested
October 19, 2017
- AREAS command updated:
- Sorted by average level range (easiest first)
- You can specify a single level ("areas 10") to show areas
(roughly) suitable for a level 10
- You can specify a keyword like "areas rommena" to show all
the areas with "Rommena" in their name
- CONSIDER command updated to take into account dispositions
better and an AC field added to compare armor class
- SNEAK has been improved to reduce the chances of aggressive
NPC's noticing you in a room
- You get a warning when entering a TUNNEL room:
"ou have entered a tunnel - there's not much space in here."
- GROUP command shows member's mounts
- RAGE gives a little higher boost to initiative every round
- Rank 4 and 5+ in skills give a slightly higher chance of success
- ROOM TOSS will dismount the victim on success and WIMPY NPC's will
not follow you upon a successful room toss
- RETREAT will automatically hide upon success if you know the skill
and the delay has been reduced, especially at rank 2+
- Crystal Eyes, Bloodlust, and Invisibility to Undead do not
cast at reduced effectivness when cast upon a fellow groupmate
- HOLY STEED will also provide SANC to the target mount
- Leader exp loss upon group member death greatly reduced
October 9, 2017
- When fighting more than 1 opponent, your prompt will show the total
number of opponents you (or anyone in your group if grouped and the
groupmate is present) is fighting (this option requires "Opponent"
prompt option to be turned on.
- The IDENTIFY spell will show class, level, race, and more info about
the victim identified
- Wizard mobs will obey their subclass (fire, ice, or mordent) spell list
- LAYHANDS will show correct amount healed when healing close to max
October 7, 2017
- CONSIDER command updated to give a better comparison with damage
especially vs foes with special attacks
- All characters under level 10 will auto gain (just like Paragons)
- Deaths and Deathtraps don't have as much affect on your overall
- In a pinch, Bards can sing songs without instruments, albeit with
- When affected by CREEPING DEATH, you will become more difficult to
- ANIMATE DEAD improves the type of undead you can raise with rank
- Ptam's casting level is lowered. Grab a high level caster buddy
for higher level spell affects.
- More intuitive color codes implemented, for example "g" (without the space)
for "bright green". See HELP COLORCODES for more info.
- Flags on prompts will only show for spells (not equipment affects)
- You can construct the Public Board in your house
- "Alas, you cannot go that way"... now indicates direction
September 21, 2017
- Information about mobs affects when seen in a room have been
simplified to one line. i.e. [ sanc trainer ranged ]
rather than taking several lines of screen space. To see the
full list of affects in the prior format just LOOK at the mob.
- Training SHAPECHANGE at Druid trainer works better now (there
was a bug learning higher ranks)
- GROUP command shows affect flags for all members
- BIND explicitly states if you used a bandage or not
- Delay on BIND SOUL spell greatly reduced
- Under level 20, you can not kill/hit/shoot a foe that is MUCH
higher level than you. You can still start combat with a skill
or spell. This is to protect newbies from suicide.
- PASS WITHOUT TRACE has a wearoff message when you stop and if you
use the skill while already in effect, it will correctly stop
- Object hunt tasks on the Kingdom channel will tell you which zone
the mob is in to complete the quest
- Failing to advance messages are suppressed in BRIEF COMBAT mode
along with abjure, stoneskin, and fireshield type messages
- Ash type corpses respond to the keyword 'ashes'
- Half-orcs correctly display their race name where appropriate
(instead of "orc")
September 20, 2017
- Quest point awards for high levels have been spread out so that
you gain qpts every level starting at 53 rather than every 10
levels starting at 60. Use the LEVELS command to see the schedule.
The total number of qpoints for level gains has increased a little.
Existing characters will be converted and retroactively awarded
automatically upon login.
- TOGGLE AUTOADVANCE option added to automatically advance on ranged
foes during combat (will not auto advance to initiate combat)
- You can now REMOVE gear by wear location (i.e. 'remove finger' will
remove anything worn on either finger, 'remove light', etc.)
- Mid/High range mobs (Levels ~50 - 70) have more gold and really
high level mobs (70+) have less
- Prophets, Demoniacs, Assassins, and Barbarians get slightly more
stamina per meta
- There is an option during account creation to specify where you
heard about Kallisti (TMS, Google, Facebook, etc.)
- POLYMORPH 'snake' changed to 'salamander'. The new form grants
swim, aqualung, aquatic resistance, and will regrow lost limbs when
assuming the form
- Regen Stamina option added to rooms and CONSTRUCT option in player
- WHOIS colors match WHO
- You will see Created Date on WHOIS for yourself and all other
characters on your account
September 15, 2017
- RECOMMEND command added to help you search for gear. It will
recommend an item for you to wear based on a particular wear
location. Example: recommend shield defense
- Gnomes have discovered that ear wax from rare pygmy bats have
the unusual feature that, when rubbed on things like town bells,
will cause them to be heard from farther away. All the bells
got the wax.
- Qp rewards from quests will show up in your private gainlog
- EQUIPMENT display updated
September 8, 2017
- REPLAY shows timestamp in front for all channels
Also, "replay group" displays slightly different so as not to
trigger group actions
- Fixed an issue with +rank items
- Fixed an issue with group follower position display
- Cabal improvements
September 6, 2017
- An explicit message has been added to let you know when you've
earned bonus exp for rare kills (mobs that haven't been killed
in a long time)
- The format when identifying items has been revamped to show object
wear requirements more clearly and also includes condition
- TETHERing a mount will last a lot longer (20 mud hours instead of 5)
- You can no longer PARRY with whips
- REPLAY for tells and grouptells shows the timestamp first so you
won't accidentally trigger on past group communications
- If you have a PARAGON above level 1, then all newly created
characters on your account can use the gossip channel at level 1
- Tombs of the Damned updated
August 28, 2017
- FORMATION updates:
- Tank option added to FORMATION STYLE command. The Tank option
will feel like traditional march-order grouping from K4.x with
a prioritized list of tanks. You can use FORMTEST to test how
positions in a formation will get targetted.
- Mob divert attention (switch) is based solely on formation order
rather than order of entering a room (or group "march" order)
- If you join a group with someone and already have an existing,
then your existing group will be disbanded
- Display of FORMATION and GROUP commands updated
- HELP FORMATIONS updated
August 26, 2017
- FORMATION updates:
- When you walk into a new room, the order of group members entering
is based on your formation (front ranks enter first) rather than
the march order
- Group members can MARCH themselves (rather than relying on leader)
- FORMATION SMART command will change group formation positions with
some AI to select logical members for front vs back ranks
- Additional options added to FORMATION command, type FORMATION HELP
for more info
- You can use the WHO command to see who is on what channel
(i.e. WHO GOSSIP)
- You will see a (*) next to items in lists that are currently unusable
by you due to size or alignment restrictions (you still see (!) if it's
unusable due to level or class restrictions)
- Order of HMS updated on REGEN command for consistent ordering
- Items with +rank in a skill that you can learn are a bit lower level
- "group" option added to UNHOLY AURA spell for casting on your group of
- Speed of mob aggressiveness turned way down
- Fixed an issue with Paragon perma-nohunger/thirst returning
- TRUE SEEING will first attempt to cure blind when cast before granting
August 18, 2017
- LEVELS command shows skillpoint, questpoint, and maxstat meta gains
that you'll be granted per level
- Polymorphing / Shapechanging will give you added defense against
- Shapechange responds to "mammoth" as a form name for "woolly mammoth"
(instead of just "woolly")
August 17, 2017
- Objects that you cannot wear will show a (!) next to them
in your inventory or in containers
- Deathfog nasty effects work more reliably
- Fixed an issue with shards granting gold incorrectly upon redemption
- City of Evermore updated
August 14, 2017
- If your mount gets the killing blow on a target mob of a quest,
then you still get credit as if you killed the mob
- Completing a quest with an exp reward won't be affected by exp
bonuses (like Outlaw) or be limited to exp caps based on level
- Gaining quest points from killing special mobs will show up in your
own private GAINLOG
- DEATH FOG updated (see help file)
August 12, 2017
- SCORE shows noble points
- Shards will always grant something, no duds. Shards also
have a chance to reward skillpoints and practice sessions.
- Exp cost to REGRESS skills lowered
- DIVINE SHIELD effectiveness increased (better than SHIELD USE alone)
- REDEMPTION works a little better on REALLY evil foes
- ASSIMILATION works a little better on REALLY good foes
- Top10 Charts won't update level on Paragons when reset to 1
- Summon Mount won't create a mount you can't ride
August 11, 2017
- If you wear an item that gives a +rank in a skill that your
class can normally train, then you can use that skill (even
if your current rank in the skill is 0 when not wearing the item)
- ChangeRace cost reduced
- REROLL command changes:
- Updated to more clearly show bonuses from Bloodline, Paragon,
and Human race status
- Anyone at level 1 can use the REROLL command
- You now have a chance for your stats to not always be
in the same order from highest to lowest based on your chosen
class. Sometimes they can be in random order which will allow
for a wider variety of starting ability scores.
- Maximum delay on Butchering skills (i.e. skinning hides) reduced
- Base mana regen for Paladins and Dreadlords increased
August 8, 2017
- Black Swamp, Halls of Volition, and Moonglow updated
- Custom info messages added for high level gains
- Items with bonus to Lay Hands skill are lower level now for
classes that get that skill
August 7, 2017
- Object restriction update: if any subclass (i.e. Barbarian, Paladin
Ranger, Dreadlord) can wear an item then the superclass (i.e. Fighter)
can wear it.
- For extended uptimes, mobs have a chance to gain additional experience
if they are not killed up to a maximum of +35% experience over time.
Higher level mobs accumulate slower than lower level mobs (since they
are typically killed less often)
- TOGGLE BRIEFCOMBAT updates:
- Will summarize your mount's attacks
- Counts RIPOSTE and COUNTER ATTACKs in summary
- Fixed an issue where critical hits weren't summarized in damage
- Simplified verbage
- Is suppressed in initial attacks and attacks where victim dies
- Attack speed for SHAPECHANGE forms increased
- TOP10 lists (including top5 on login screen) now show class and level
- TOP10 KallistiX shows top10 info for all eras combined
- SPELLCOSTS command tells the truth for mana costs
- The first 15 points of Dexterity provide more AC bonus than before
- Shard redemption details will show in your private GAINLOG
- Lights will correctly respond to "wear all" and "wear light"
- Guild specific boards fixed
- Meta guard no longer blocks entry to Meta Shop
- French and other special ascii characters supported
- Fixed a crash with undead followers
July 28, 2017
- Tol Morlyg, Drow City, Thalos, and Sewers of Midgaard updated
July 24, 2017
- AREAS command added to let you show and search for areas at Kallisti
- Darkport updated
July 23, 2017
- Significant improvements to SHAPECHANGE for Druids
- Characters have an option to review their past achievements
with the new GAINLOG command
- CREEPING DEATH cast time reduced and mana cost increased
- Rangers can learn the ENDURANCE skill
- Prophets can learn GUST OF WIND
- WARPAINT duration increased at higher ranks
- CONSTRUCT cost to refill and change custom fountain liquid type reduced
- Ranged weapon rank needed when identify missile weapons shows correctly
- The Lagoon and Deaquamaula updated
July 20, 2017
- Paragons can Gossip at level 1
- Quest point shop options to add new procs corrected
- Special death messages added for Seppuku, Hardcore players and Paragons
- EXP command revamped and shows more detail
July 17, 2017
- You can 'insure' and 'strengthen' items at the qpoint shop
- Durable items have a reduced chance of being damaged from acid
- Modifying items in the qpoint shop will mark them as owned by
whomever modifies them. Only the owner can use owned items.
- Life draining procs on weapons no longer work on Constructs,
Undead, Ethereal, and Mineral races
- Two handed weapons don't get as much of a bonus to weapon
proc frequency rate as in the past (5% now instead of 15%)
- Exp multiplier shows extra precision (for Paragons that provide
tenths of a percent exp bonus)
- Converted characters are denoted on character selection screen
- Wraithform shows up on prompt as 'w'
- Tower of High Sorcery updated
July 14, 2017
- Acid damage effect on equipment reduced, especially on
items composed of magic
- Objects that modify saving throws work correctly
- Paragons get top10 points for paragon levels above 10
- Paragons that complete quests for experience will autolevel
if the awarded experience is sufficient to GAIN
- When trying to wear items where you don't have sufficient skill
rank (i.e. edged weapons or armor use) will tell you more verbosely
what rank is needed
July 13, 2017
- Stamina drain and Mana drain procs added to qpoint shop
- Life, stamina, and mana drain procs show how much drained
- Fixed issue in qpoint shop with mediate size. Cost is 1 qpoint
to remove size restriction from an item
- Penalty to Parry when mounted reduced
July 11, 2017
- New combat option: TOGGLE BRIEFCOMBAT - this will summarize
your hits, misses, and damage during combat to reduce combat spam.
- DISPLAY option to show current target name changed to 'oppname'
- Paragons can see their stats on SCORE at level 1
- Level 25 Paragons allow their account to see scores during char creation
- WHO option for paragons added ("who paragon")
- Held weapons will fire special procs correctly now
July 10, 2017
- See HELP PARAGONS for details
- REPORT command uses colors to denote injured state (like GROUP command)
- !DROP on CURSED items is permanent at casting level 25
CURSE no longer makes items !good at casting level 50
- Liches created from ANIMATE DEAD no longer cast area of effect spells
- TASK events moved to the KINGDOM channel (toggle kingdom)
The RolePlay channel is just for in character Roleplaying again
- Randomly generated blue items have a higher rate of occurance
- SPIRIT OF BUSHIDO provides a message when it ends
- Giant race added to quest point shop (needs Paragon levels to unlock)
- When a mob diverts attention, you see the name of the new victim.
- Cast Level shows correctly in SPELLS list
- YEP social fixed
- Grim Ward damage reduced
July 7, 2017
- Major update to Weapon Procs (they work much better across the board)
- Quest Point Shop updated (4n e 2n from Temple)
- You can enhance procs on musical instruments now
- Nullify option added to remove a proc from an item
- Adding an armor proc doesn't increase it's min level anymore
- New armor procs added: frozen and shock will do damage to
foes attacking you
- COMBAT command shows who you are defending, defended by,
deathbonded to, deathbonded by, and what you are mounted on.
- 0.player works again to target players specifically instead of mobs
- POLYMORPH creatures that get special attacks (razor claws,
venom bite, etc.) will do more damage based on NATURAL WEAPONS rank
This also applies to Minotaur GORE skill.
- LAYHANDS greatly improved (heals a lot more, works better on self).
Can be used in combat (but much more prone to failure than when
not fighting). Mana cost on failure reduced.
- DEFEND for Samurai works on any alignment and stops caring about
level above 60 for all classes.
- BASH delay to victim reduced.
- Fireshield/Iceshield/Shockshield do a little less damage.
- FORMATION command changes display color of character based on
how injured they are.
- Offhand weapons get more damroll than before (85%).
- POWER HEAL is a little more effective.
- Bard song currently being played shows up SCORE correctly.
Jun 26, 2017
- New PROMPT option "Nopponent" (Opponent's name) - will show you who
you are currently targeting in combat.
- Worn items are much more lenient to changing alignment before they
become unusable. For example - previously, as soon as you changed
alignment to GOOD, then any !GOOD items would pop off instantly.
Now, you can still wear them while GOOD, but if your alignment
continues to increase (close to max), then !GOOD items will eventually
still pop off.
- FORMATION command improved. It now shows level and class of members
and empty spots will display in a dark color and show the position
- Anyone in the group can REFORM members of the group (the leader gets
a notification). In cases where you are swapped in a formation, you
will get a notification of your new position.
- Double message on failed SLEEP spell fixed.
Jun 23, 2017
- When you imbue or augment special powers of items (via spells or quest
points), the item's level and rank requirements won't change
- When listing players on your account, you will see the level, race
and class of your characters
- Top10 Charts only register scores for Kallisti5.0 characters
- You can OUTFIT your mounts with gear now (the gear must be designed
for mounts to wear - you'll see "Mount" listed on the locations items
can be equipped to indicate mounts can wear them). Use the command
UNOUTFIT to remove all gear from your mount.
- Changing race qp cost reduced and now adjusts your max stats (the
difference between the old race and the new race)
- Pixies and Giants added as race change options
- Quest point costs for most options at the Adventurer's Guild reduced
- Quest point shop shows you how many times you've used the MaxStat
option and displays cost in list
- DEATHGRIP will do damage faster and cause the victim to fall off their
mount. It will not stop combat.
- REFRESH has a group castable option now. (refresh group)
- SEPPUKU will now short circuit any pending comands and immediately and
honorably end your life (typically with no death penalty depending on
skill and rank)
- Fixed an issue where some account's player house names weren't showing
on the login screen
- New characters on an account will inherit channel settings, and many
preferences (like prompt, tickcounter, spellalias settings) correctly
- Special weapon abilities: mana drain, turn undead, godhammer - won't
increase weapon rank requirements
- IDENTIFY spell shows base as well as current and max stats as well as
- Delay on successful CONVERT MANA reduced (and improves with rank)
- CURSE and FEEBLEMIND duration reduced
- Minimum duration for Sanctuary spell increased
- Mobs that aren't followers cannot teleport into the Necromancer Crypt
- ICESHIELD, SHOCKSHIELD and DEMONFORM have appropriate spell wear-off messages
- NoHunger and NoThirst items exist and work now
- Fixed an issue where Bards would stop playing songs at random times
- You can't lose hms on death if below 2k noble points.
- Badges are more wearable now
- There is no delay when wearing surrounding, orbitting, floating, or shields
- Delay on failed MEDITATE greatly reduced and is trainable to a higher
rank for many classes
- Various typo and grammatical fixes throughout
- New feature coming soon - PARAGONS (see HELP PARAGON)
Jun 20, 2017
- Fixed an issue with CONSTRUCT command when changing object names
You can also use it to add multiple keywords to containers and decorations
- Mounts won't use special attacks on their owners
- The "drain" weapon proc effectiveness is increased (doubled!)
- Added a new custom fountain liquid type
- Giant race movement costs reduced
Jun 5, 2017
- Ptam casts more spells and will cast on high level nobles as well
- Stamina cost lowered for higher ranks of RESCUE
- Mob dispositions tweaked to lower frequency of "bash lock" state
where mobs repeatedly bash without obeying proper delays
May 27, 2017
- RALLY command added. This will inform your group that you want them
to come to you at your current location. Any NPC followers will
start walking toward you if they are in the general vicinity.
- RENAME command added to allow you to rename your NPC followers
- DAMAGE REDUCE ability on objects functions correctly now [ armor proc ]
and shows up on the DEFENSE command
- PRAYER at rank 3 will increase resistance to Necrotic damage
- DEPART (egress) now takes you to the Temple Plaza instead of Temple
of Midgaard (to keep NPC followers out of the Temple)
- Druids, Demoniacs, Wizards, and Mages attack a little more frequently
- SPIRIT OF BUSHIDO improved
- Hamlet of Falcon updated
May 24, 2017
- Significant change to combat attack rates - generally everything
will hit a little more frequently. Higher level increases chances
of hitting more often. Hitroll matters more and AC has a diminishing
return above around 500 AC. Innate mob attack avoidance reduced.
- Higher weapon skill ranks provide more hitroll and damroll bonuses
- You can cast IDENTIFY on mobs
- FAERIE FIRE provides more AC benefit than before
- Using FOCUS while it is already in effect will cancel the current
effects rather than fail. Monks can use FOCUS on Wisdom.
- There is now a tunnel under the Temple of Midgaard (from Temple
Plaza to Fountain Pass) so that groups with NPC followers can
walk from Southern to Northern Midgaard without passing through
the Temple dead zone for mobs.
- SUMMON MOUNT will summon Winged Nightmares for Necromancers at
- All Priests can learn LORE
- COMMUNE is more reliable at finding materials for item crafting
- LORE can be used on your surroundings to find materials for item
crafting at rank 3
- Exp for item crafting increased. Minimum rank to scribe or brew
reduced to 2 (in the target spell needed)
- Astral Plane and Tombs of Tarin updated
May 22, 2017
- WRAITHFORM fixed to provide better protection against knockdown
type attacks again
- The IDENTIFY spell (at cast level 30+) will show victim resistance
information as well
- DRAIN spell drains a bit more hp (depending on victim level)
- INVISIBILITY, BARKSKIN, Wyvern/Phantom/Spectre/Hellspawn/Devil forms
give more AC than before
- Items imbued with extra spike damage have a bit lower level restriction
- Redferne's Residence updated (Grand Knight of Paladins)
May 21, 2017
- LORE skill can be used on people or monsters to show their resistance
May 18, 2017
- Casting speed of Mage Sword, Enchant Weapon, Holy Weapon, Foulblade,
and Familiar spells reduced
- Nedragaard Keep updated
May 17, 2017
- If an object is composed of MAGIC, it will autosize to your character
(essentially no size restriction)
- Size restriction on rings, eyewear, and shields relaxed a little
- Cost to permantently remove all size restrictions from an item lowered
from 5 qpoints to 1 qpoint
- Tower of Renat updated
May 16, 2017
- Fixed an issue where low level aggressive mobs were attacking really
high level targets inappropriately
- Fixed an issue where some characters got the specialization message
at the wrong time when gaining levels
- Poison duration and effectivness (and chance of it even happening)
for eating corpses reduced
May 15, 2017
- Aggressive mobs will respect formations more predictably.
Formation position matters over the MARCH order in the group (as well
as mob hatred toward a particular class or race or if they are hunting
or have memory of someone in particular).
- Deathtwirl has a verbose room message now
May 14, 2017
- TWO HANDED WEAPON skill is no longer a skill. It was unnecessarily
complex to have an extra layer of skill rank on top of edged, blunt,
and natural weapons.
If you spent skillpoints on two handed weapons, it will be automatically
reimbursed when your character logs in and you will see a notification.
- Higher ranks in Edged, Blunt, or Natural weapons increase your hitroll
and damroll more than they did previously
- STATIC FIELD spell messages cleaned up
- Prophets can learn the REDEMPTION skill now
- Dis (the zone) updated
May 13, 2017
- Identifying an object gives more specific weapon skill information
- Seppuku won't trigger a group death for leaders
May 11, 2017
- ASSASSINATE skill revamped to use stamina for an extra level of
damage on backstabs (also responds to "execute" command)
- MARCH bard song stamina regen boost increased
- Fixed spell messages with Levitate when cast on self
- Law Enforcer can't enter the Crypt anymore
- Exp loss for leaders reduced when lower level groupmates die
- Wear off message for SPIRIT OF BUSHIDO skill
May 5, 2017
- Barge won't consume stamina when you try barging into a
- Elemental Plane of Air updated
May 3, 2017
- LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE requirement removed
The group leader now gets a bonus to exp earned based on the
size of the group.
If you had existing Lexp, you can still convert it to experience
- City of Rommena updated
May 1, 2017
- Druidwell updated
April 28, 2017
- Bard mana regen increased
April 11, 2017
- Duergar Caverns updated
March 18, 2017
- Tavenen Forest updated
March 16, 2017
- You now get a warning message when entering zones intended for
a much higher level range than you are.
- Priests and Monk max skill rank in Two Handed weapons increased
- Girish Mountain, Ravlop Ruins, and Trein Forest updated
March 10, 2017
- Guild of Darkfriends and Shakespear Village updated
- Spell wear-off message for STATIC FIELD added.
March 4, 2017
- Fixed a bug with shards when they raise your maxstats
- Elemental Plane of Fire updated
February 18, 2017
- ESTIMATE "slower" now displays appropriate stats and cost is reduced
- Battersea, Niatachel's Keep, Ruined Moathouse, Flooded Forest,
Dragon Realm, and Hillsboro updated
February 13, 2017
- Rotting Museum, Island of the Necromancer King, and Old School udpated
February 6, 2017
- Call Mount works more reliably at higher levels
- Underworld and Cathedral updated
February 3, 2017
- Meta sage won't strip Prayer affect
- Fixed an issue when starting combat with the "hit" command and
- Rome updated
January 31, 2017
- Ruins of Swamp Castle, Caves of Grimmbal, Caverns of Mount Ghaldor,
and Great Northern Forest updated.
January 21, 2017
- Crystal Castle, Mystic's Covenant, and Blackhalo Keep updated
January 14, 2017
- Nebelwald, Swamp, Goblin Castle, and Leprechaun Village updated
January 6, 2017
- WRAITHFORM bug fixed. It works better now.
- Natural Weapon skill increases damage for SHAPECHANGE and MORTIFY
special attacks (like venom bite, talons, etc.)
- Bog updated
January 4, 2017
- Cost to REGRESS skills capped at level 60 (it won't cost any more
to regress skills beyond level 60 than it does at 60)
- Winter and Galaxy updated
January 3, 2017
- Followers will no longer follow you via magical transport
if they are resting, sleeping, or otherwise slacking.
- KNOW MONSTER gives much more information, including resistance
information and is learnable by all Mages and Priests.
This spell completely replaces KNOW ALIGNMENT.
- Village of Callidyrr and R'lyeh updated
January 2, 2017
- Happy New Year!
- DISEASE spell improved to d6 + level damage.
Also reduces Constitution, and Dexterity of foe and can cause decay
damage over time. It is trainable at level 20 now (instead of 14)
- DARKFIRE available at level 17 for Necromancers (instead of 24)
- Spell cost of SHOCKING GRASP reduced slightly
- CALL OF DIS damage increased vs non-undead/ethereal/construct targets
- PLAGUE can cause decay damage over time, mana cost increased and
trainable at level 14 now (instead of 15)
- SUNRAY won't attempt to target your mount
- VIVIFY spell fixed to not stack
- GUST OF WIND won't initiate combat vs group members
- Bug with FEEBLEMIND spell targeting fixed
- You no longer have a chance to GORE when shapechanged or mortified
- When looking at items, you will see their weight and size
- Fixed a bug with damage reduction armor procs (it works better now)
- Castle of Callidyrr udpated
- Fixed a crash bug
December 25, 2016
- When using magic to charm monsters or animated dead, the total number
and power of creatures charmed is based on Wisdom rather than Charisma
- Shards can create objects now
- Mahn Tor, Orshingal and Goblin City updated
December 23, 2016
- %10 bonus Exp until Christmas!
December 18, 2016
- Dwarven Kingdom, Blackthorne Valley, Training Halls (next to Faerie
Realm), Midgaard, Arachnos, and Solvorfirth updated
- Shield use for blocking attacks works better now
December 12, 2016
- Blue weapon level restrictions lowered a little
- Whispering Hills / Barrow Mounds updated
December 8, 2016
- Merry Christmas!
- City of Boring updated
November 28, 2016
- Hunt now tells you if the target is in your current room
- Fixed messages with doors in zones where it was broken
- Midgaard Graveyard updated
November 25, 2016
- Significant update to skills damages, wait states, effects to
victims updated. Rank generally has more impact. See individual
help files for info or HELP SKILLCOMPARE for a side by side comparison.
- Discount for HMS meta instated. This is not the same as it
has been in the past and is a gradual discount from level 30
to level 50 with a maximum discount of 10% (at level 30) and
0% at level 50. Level does not raise meta costs above level 50.
- DUAL WIELD increases off hand attack rate
- High end mobs have more gold and avoid attacks less
- Lacerating weapons identify correctly as "natural weapons"
- Circus updated
November 24, 2016
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Exp cost to level smoothed out a bit and reduced at high
November 23, 2016
- Flamestrike can heat blind
- Duration of Feeblemind reduced
- Shapechange and mortify provide night vision
November 21, 2016
- You now see an indication when you (or your target) makes a
SAVING THROW on the damage line. [ reflex save ]
- Saving throws in general updated on all attack spells and skills
to function more reasonably
- Making a saving throw vs dragon breath will greatly reduce
any additional fire/frost/lighting/acid/gas effects
- High power values of item special procs won't raise
required weapon/armor/shield skill rank requirement so much
- Fixed GEYSER spell damage
- DICTIM spell is more verbose
- CALL OF DIS affects targets affected by MORTIFY as if they
- Ogres can't eat ashes
- Drow and Duergar can see better in the dark (items in their
inventory even if there is no light source)
- RECALL command works up to level 10 again (instead of lvl 5)
- Mines of Moria updated
November 17, 2016
- If you or your opponent are at ranged distance, you cannot
slap potions away during combat
- For determining skill success/fail vs very high level mobs
level difference is a smaller factor
- Max followers in a group for PC's is no longer limited by
November 13, 2016
- FOCUS and BUSHIDO spirit last longer
- Dragon Strike heals a bit more (based on character level)
- You can train skills to higher ranks without having to master
your current skill level
- Kender mobs have a good bit more gold
- Wait state on Convert Mana reduced
- When "looking" at items, you will see an indication if the item
has a special ability (but not exatly what it is, use LORE for that)
- Wooly Mammoth shapechange form grants some resistance to cold
- Desert Pyramid zone updated
- Necromance crypt exits up to Temple Plaza so undead minions can
- Exp cost to learn many higher level skills has been reduced
and gold cost to learn lower level skills has been reduced
November 10, 2016
- Major update to META. Costs scale appropriately at very high levels
and there is no discount to HMS metas based on level. (There is
still a discount on stat metas based on level though.)
- Significant update to BASH states. Anyone that is "bashed" (i.e.
knocked down via BASH, trip, sweep, etc. or failing certain skills),
will recover to knees or feet on a random one of their attacks
(remember attack order is based on INITIATIVE).
If it's your last attack of the round, you'll always recover.
This makes bash skills like SHIHONAGE much more effective since
previously, mobs would always recover at the beginning of the combat
- AC reduced on very high level mobs
- Mobs regen less when in an alert state just after combat ends.
- Mob followers will now follow their masters through recall, gaseous
form, and other actions or abilities that move their master around.
- The rate at which alignment based characters (necromancers, etc.)
change alignment via fighting similarly aligned foes is reduced.
- MORTIFY and POLYMORPH forms improved (generally faster attack speed)
- You can DRAG (takeable) items from one room to another. This is
particularly useful for necromancers that may want to drag a corpse
to a neighboring room that they normally couldn't carry.
- Bless weapon bugs fixed
- Samurai can learn the CHARGE skill
- Mt Fredgehand and Towers of Training zones updated
November 7, 2016
- Castle of 7 Towers updated
November 6, 2016
- Astral Plane updated
November 4, 2016
- Montserrat, Castle Ravenloft and Roman Pantheon updated
November 3, 2016
- Zones Dante's Inferno, Citadel of Order updated
November 1, 2016
- Congrats to Fatale for winning the Halloween event!
- Player houses now have two more storage options: trunk and shed
- Weapon / Armor rank and some stat requirements on very
special high end items are reduced a little.
- Retired the option to wield a 1 handed weapon with 2 hands.
(Nobody uses this and it's not really an advantage since
it prevents you from using a shield or a held weapon so
just wielding a two handed weapon is a way better option).
- Level requirements for high damage weapons for Assassin
and to a lesser extent Demoniac have been reduced.
- You can ESTIMATE at the quest shop for all options
that make sense.
- The cost to permanently remove size restriction for
an item at the quest shop is greatly reduced.
- Procs like mana / life drain on weapons and armor
affect level requirements more reasonably now. (for exmaple,
items intended for Wizards that have mana drain procs won't
have inappropriately high level restricts for Wizards.)
- All classes can learn the HUNT skill again.
October 29, 2016
- Shockshield shows up correclty for Mordent Wizard at trainer.
- Heal and Power Heal will heal a bit more.
- Reduced delay on group heal (half combat pulse per target
healed after the first 2, max of 2 rounds - well more efficient
than casting heal on everyone individually).
- Completing a TASK will earn the winner more gold.
- Appropriate message added when Godhammer spell expires.
- Prophets can again wear holy symbols regardless if they
are made of precious metals.
October 28, 2016
- High end armor proc items don't have such steep level
restrictions or armor rank requirements.
- Shield use, Divine shield, and Godhammer will trigger more
- Skill and spell rank bonuses (from gear) beyond +3 is more
October 27, 2016
- You can QTRANSFER at level 50 again for K5 characters.
Only prior era characters require a higher level.
- Holy Symbols and Items of Nature for casting priest spells
have been revamped. Now, any item can be a holy symbol
or item of nature.
- Reduced delay on item harvesting and crafting skills.
- Procs in general will trigger more frequently.
- Godhammer weapon proc triggers more frequently (above and beyond
the increase to all procs). Godhammer also binds item to owner.
- Two handed weapons will triggers procs more frequently (above
and beyond the increase to all procs).
- Higher spell ranks (above 3) will reduce concentration loss.
The higher the rank, the lower the concentration loss.
- BLIND FIGHTING skill reduces the penalty to successfully
target victims that you cannot see more than it used to.
- Summon level restriction maxes at level 75.
- You can add ranks to LORE skill in order to see more info
(mostly useful below level 50)
- You can regress FIND TRAPS skill now.
October 23, 2016
- You can ATTENUATE items multiple levels at once now (up to 5)
and also get an ESTIMATE to see the total cost.
- Rate of mob avoid skill reduced at higher levels and increased
a little at low levels.
- Two handed weapons use slightly more stamina than 1 handed
- Added damage number indicators to more weapon procs.
- You cannot transfer qpoints to other characters (except at
October 19, 2016
- KALLISTI 5 anniversary! It's been 1 year since we launched!
Birthday gifts are in order and we have some for all the
loyal Kallisti veterans out there. Thanks for hanging in
there and keeping the Kallisti spirit alive!!
- Significant update to attack rates for most classes.
Base rate increased and dexterity and multi attack skill has
more affect on swing rates.
- Damroll for offhand weapon attacks increased.
- Fixed bug with weapons that can sometimes get destroyed
- Shocking Grasp doesn't work from ranged distance.
- Curse, stone blast, darkfire, acid blast, and disintegrate
can be cast from ranged distance.
- Heal and Power Heal are a little more efficient when cast
on others especially at higher ranks.
- Estimating to make an item lighter at Slegge will show stats
so you can what new stats will be.
- You can also make items heavier now.
October 18, 2016
- MAJOR UPDATE TO ITEM RESTRICTIONS
- Stat requirements to use items have been refactored and
are generally lower and more reasonable for all classes.
- DETECT MAGIC ability is now given when casting CRYSTAL EYES
(at casting level 25+), TRUE SEEING (casting level 55+), and
with Wyvern and Dragon SHAPECHANGE forms.
- DETECT MAGIC lets you see the releative strength of affections
such as fireshield, sanc, unholy aura, wraithform, etc.
- DEFENSE command shows detailed sanc, wraithform, fireshield, etc.
levels for yourself when active.
- WRAITHFORM has been refactored. Effectiveness now varies
based on how powerful the spell is. Higher casting level
increases wraithform effectiveness (higher chance to avoid
bash like physical attacks), and +wraithform gear will stack
with the spell's effectiveness.
- SHOCKSHIELD - new spell added for Mordent Wizards.
- ASSASSINATE skill doesn't trigger when using a 2 handed weapon.
- You can pray to higher and lower alignment in the prayer room.
- Messages cleaned up on ICESHIELD spell.
October 17, 2016
- You can cast the CURE spell on items to remove curse and
unpoison liquid containers.
- Holy Steed spell gives target mount additional stamina.
- Max stamina and stamna regen for mounts increased.
- Edged weapons work to cut your way through jungle sectors.
October 16, 2016
- Exp for mobs with dispositions increased.
- Movement cost for moving in underground rooms reduced.
- Stoneskin duration will continue to decay even in temple.
- Minimum effect of divine shield increased and frequency
improved a little.
- Message added for holy steed spell.
October 10, 2016
- Changing races immediately grants all racial abilities.
- If you race change away from Minotaur, you'll lose the gore skill.
- Attenuating items (lowering min level requirement) now reduces
level requirement for all classes instead of just the class that
you are when purchasing the attenuation.
- Can't charm shopkeepers anymore.
- Fixed a bug in rare cases where disarm could place an item out
- All LIGHT objects show full restriction information like all
other objects when identified.
September 13, 2016
- NATURAL WEAPONS skill separated from blunt / edged where logical.
See HELP WEAPON TYPES for more info.
- Charmed mobs keep some of their skills.
September 12, 2016
- Mob gold increased (especially dragons, wizards, giants, dwarves,
immortals, and extremely high level mobs).
- Practice sessions added for legacy K40 and K45 characters
(automatic conversion when logged in based on level and stats).
- When typing PRACTICE, you'll see how many practice sessions
- Death will restore any lost limbs.
- You can pray "regenerate" to grow back lost limbs in the
- "top10 damage" will always show you your own personal top damage
- Priest disposition updated to use heal a little more wisely.
September 9, 2016
- Rate of acid damage to gear significantly reduced
- Fire vulnerability from Barkskin reduced
September 6, 2016
- TOP10 lists added for damage (with a single hit), K40, K45, and
K50 (to see just players from particular ages)
- ABJURE is shown on damage messages when it triggers [ abjure ]
and also lasts a little longer
September 4, 2016
- When you kill with DICTIM, normal death is triggered (autoloot,
pk credit, assimilation, etc.). Spell messages improved as well.
- HAND OF GOD spell gives Necrotic resistance and slight vulnerability
to Divine damage
- Immortal Wizard mobs have less gold (but still higher than normal)
- ESTIMATE at item resizer will show you a little more info
August 31, 2016
+10% exp for the LABOR DAY weekend! (starting late Friday night)
- Mobs group more intelligently now (tanks in front of formation
and casters in back).
- You can see the formation arrangement of foes using the FORMATION
command and specifying a target.
- Grouping people tells you where they are placed in the group formation.
- Relatively minor bug fixes:
- General MUD performance improvements
- Fix for weapon ranks setting too high in some cases
- Fix for mobs calling for help to mobs that are already injured
- Fixed blindness caused by Dictim
- Fixed a bug with rashes
- Fix for some rare cases where autolooting gold wouldn't work
- Fixed saving throw for Lich undead drain attack
- Fix for +/- SIZE items
August 27, 2016
- Mounts have more stamina.
- Randomly generated potions, salves, wands, etc. respond to their
full name. ("wand of invisibility" now responds to "invisibility"
as well as just "wand")
August 23, 2016
- NEW ZONE, Atoll Tromenne (Impala) - Sailors on the Salacian Sea
have discovered a strange coral formation with strange creatures
wandering upon it! (Level range: 30's)
August 22, 2016
- Race size is displayed during character creation.
- SNAPSHOT has an extra message on success.
- Holding a weapon gives you an increased chance to PARRY.
The faster the weapon, the bigger the bonus.
- DIVINE SHIELD improved.
- Fixed issue where combat doesn't end correctly if you
swing, miss, then recall with in the first round of fighting.
- HEAL spells don't wake targets anymore.
- REFRESH spell messaging order changed for clarity.
- FOCUS skill lasts longer at higher levels and can also
be used to raise Charisma.
- You can lose some leadership exp if a group member dies
while you are leading and in the same room as them.
- Prayer room "heal" option heals a lot more.
- Estimating using qpoints to lower an item's level will
show you a preview of new stats / restrictions.
August 20, 2016
- Meta gold cost for high nobles reduced.
- Wizard and high level mob gold increased.
- "repair worn" and "estimate worn" at the equipment repair
shop work correctly.
- Shopkeeprs and protected mobs are now more protected.
- Group heal weapon proc shows how much is healed.
- Mobs casting dispel magic fixed.
- On fire/acid messages fixed.
- Fixed success message for sleep spell during combat.
- Nether demon area attack rate reduced a little.
August 17, 2016
- Messages when someone is on fire or acid will display correctly
(and also indicate resistance/vulnerability)
- You can send tells (and other things) to people by their
account name as well. (The MUD will first try to find a matching
player name before looking for matching account names.)
August 16, 2016
- Followers that are healed whilst incapacitated will recover
- Druids get 'summon mount' now instead of 'call mount'
- Troll regen tweaked
- "cure" is an alias for the spell "cure" rather than the
- Fixed a bug with bloodlines specializing.
- Templar can get rank 8 in blunt weapons now (previously 7)
- Mages can learn up to armor rank 3 (previously 0)
- Mages can learn up to blunt and edged rank 5 (previously 4)
August 15, 2016
- NEW ZONE! Rain Sanctuary by Ultimea (help RAIN SANCTUARY)
- Resistance mage spell altered significantly. It is self only
and provides more resistance to a variety of spells (you choose
which resistance at casting time). See HELP RESISTANCE.
- More blue items! Look for new scrolls, salves, books, and
potions. Weapons have also been improved.
- Players less than 15 levels from the largest member of a group
will still earn *some* exp (and a higher percentage above level
- Resistance beyond 100% works correctly now.
- Shard count shows correctly again. They slowly load rather
than all at once.
- Dragon, Giant, Dwarf, and Duergar mobs have more gold.
- Glare skill won't add as many lost attacks if victim already
is suffering from lost attacks.
- Poison obeys correct (longer) death threshold.
- Heat, Cold, Plant, Air, Ethereal, Water, Mineral mobs have
more appropriate resistances set for their race type.
- Item crafted objects have a chance to provide +skill ranks on
the manufactured items.
- Item crafted books, staves, and other caster gear won't
increase armor rank required to wear.
- Blocker mobs won't block exits if sleeping.
- Blessing or enchanting armor (via spells) doesn't raise armor
- A new random generator algorithm has been implemented to ensure
better randomness (based on the Mersenne Twister generator).
This is not trivial.
August 12, 2016
- Summon, Portal, and Dimdoor work on high level players better
(the spells treat target level for PC's at a max of 75)
- Duergar and Drow have a higher chance of heat blind
- Dwarves get a free starting rank of 1 to pounding weapons instead
of edged weapons if they are priests
- Troll hp regen increased significantly to 30% + 1% for every
2 levels above 40
- Eldar mana regen increased significantly to 20% + 1% for every
4 levels above 50
- Gnome racial penalty to strength is only -3 (instead of -4) and
bonus to dex is just +1 (instead of +2)
- Troll bonus to strength is now +3 (instead of +2)
- Kender penalty to strength is -1 (instead of -2)
- Humans now get +2 to an initial stat as a bonus instead of +1
- K40 and K45 characters get a message alerting about missing
ancestors / children when using lineage command
- Poison decays slower (lasts longer)
August 10, 2016
- Damage messages are consolidated now. You will see indicators for
Sanc, Unholy, PvP, Ranged, Combo, Critical Hit, Stoneskin,
Resistance, Vulnerable, Proc, Deathbond, etc. that modified damage
for either an incoming or outgoing attack after the damage line. i.e.:
"A fire elemental annihilates you with its burn. (50 damage) [ sanc resisted critical hit ]"
- Size (and other similar issues) when logging out while affected
by something that changes your size has been corrected so that when
the spell wears out, you don't have the wrong size
- "resistance" spell alias fixed
- Divine Shield improved
- Minimum damage on fireshield and iceshield increased
August 3, 2016
- Gold on high level mobs increased
- You can't lose more than 1 stat over max per death. If you previously
lost more than 1 stat on a death, you are eligible for a reimb of
anything lost in excess of 1 stat (you decide which).
- Lighting / Acid / Freeze gear destruction tamed
July 31, 2016
- "Ranger" BIND is back! You can heal yourself with this skill.
- Object resizing +/- 4 corrected and price capped at 3
- Mage sword and godhammer created items wonn't raise weapon
rank requirements anymore
- CALL MOUNT above rank 1 will call faster than 2 ticks
- Beware: continuous damage affects (like on fire, acid, etc)
will continue to harm you even if you cut link
- Beneficial spell affect duration will not tick down while
you are in the Temple of Midgaard or Temple Garden
- You get a message reminding you that you can SPECIALIZE
when gaining to the appropriate level
- When equpping objects that give a penalty to a positive buff,
you get an appropriate message (similarly when removing)
- Mobs will only divert when someone joins the battle if the mob
is not ranged and the joiners are also not ranged
- Mobs will target people they are currently fighting in the
formation more often (rather than always obeying formation
targets). Use RESCUE to make a mob fight you.
- Swallow special mob attack has a better avoidance check
- Wild Magic Burst has verbose messages
July 30, 2016
- Lightning/Freeze/Burn damage affects to objects has been
- Feint chance with missile weapons displays correctly in combat
details now (0% chance)
July 29, 2016
- Fix for exp when grouping above level 60 (you aren't penalized,
regardless of level range)
- Grouping range extended to +/- 15 levels sub-60
- Piranhas in Citadel of Order don't fill the room anymore
- Lights are no longer specifically "Held" (simply worn as Light)
July 27, 2016
- You can now resize objects +/-4 sizes beyond their original size
- Godhammer proc affect increased
July 26, 2016
- Layhands heals more at once, especially at higher ranks
- Rescue rank 5 works in large combat correctly
- Rangers can learn grapple to rank 5 now
- Demonform casting bugs fixed
July 24, 2016
- All quests restored
- Ogres are now size "Great" (14)
- Blade Barrier does more damage
- Shield Block and Divine Shield skills both reduce more damage
and Divine Shield triggers more frequently
- Delay on TUMBLE skill reduced
- Reverberate spell will cure deafness from shrieker mobs
- Godhammer won't raise min level to wear or rank required to wield
The spell alias "godhammer